What is it?
Strategy Junior Placement by DesignStudio is a 3 month placement programme for creatives with or without a university degree. Aimed at supporting those wanting to kick start a career in brand strategy regardless of background or experience.
Traditionally, a brand strategist will guide deep research via interviews as well as carrying out analysis of data and trends. They’ll use this information to develop positioning recommendations and help to define brand elements and tone, together with a creative team.
At DS, we believe that big ideas can make a big impact and our strategic approach underpins this. We never rely on templates, approaching every new project with a ‘we know nothing’ mindset. Play is a big part of our culture, continually finding new ways to bring stories to life. Strategy has the power to unlock new ways of thinking and help businesses define their meaningful difference to the world.
We’re searching for brave thinkers and no BS storytellers. Those committed to creating the highest level of work - and then some. And we’re going to match that energy by creating the best possible environment to inspire and challenge you.
This programme will run like a residency, which means you will have the autonomy to shape and define your own work experience while supporting the agency’s strategy team on live client projects and briefs.
This is a paid, full-time role with remote-friendly benefits and is strictly for a junior strategist pathway only.
Who are we looking for?
- A sponge; someone with the curiosity to learn and ability to absorb
- Someone with a range of tools in their toolbox to solve any given challenge (sketching, drawing, writing, coding, etc)
- Someone driven by their personal creative journey in writing, design, art etc
- Someone who thrives both on collaboration and working independently
- Someone who is tuned into culture and the world around them
- Someone who is unafraid of new challenges and unfamiliar processes
- Someone with a desire to push the possibilities of research and strategy
- Someone who embraces their unique and individual POV
- Someone we can learn from and vice versa, it’s a two-way street
How to apply
Step 1: Choose from one of these questions (or make up your own)
- How has the pandemic changed our society for the better?
- What’s the best environment for true innovation to flourish?
- How else could we use augmented virtual experiences?
- What lessons from nature could help us save our planet?
Step 2: In 10 Google Slides or less, tell us how your practice helps you answer this question.
Step 3: Send your CV & application to email@example.com
Applications close, 30th September, 00:00 (BST) Announcement & Official start date: October (TBC)
What are we hoping to see?
We’d like to see how you think and how your past experiences have helped shape that thinking.
Show us how you bring a story to life, no matter the medium.
Tell us how you’d like to use your time on the programme and what you hope to achieve.
Who can apply?
- Entrants must be over 18 yrs of age
- Able to work a full-time role, Mon - Fri, 9am - 6pm
- Must be interested in a career in brand strategy
At DesignStudio, we know first-hand, excellent work comes from bringing great people together, from diverse backgrounds, stories and communities. We aim to make Meaningful Difference to brands, our industry and ultimately the wider world. And as an inclusive employer we welcome applications from anyone who might feel underrepresented in our industry.
If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use.